Thursday, October 4, 2012

Alien Life.

       Some of you may know I have rotten luck health/body wise. I usually sustain an injury or an illness once to twice a month on average. These past few weeks have been full of different wounds and sickness, but I would like to share this one specific incident with you, mainly because I have a cool picture for it.

       I was working in the RIT studios not too long ago, and I needed to use a collapsable reflector. Here's an image of a similar one from www.buycamerasa.co.za.

The black outer edge is a fabric-covered plastic wire which allows the reflector to be twisted and collapsed.

       I took the folded reflector out of its case. Normally one must bend the wire to pop it open. In this instance, it decided it was a grown up and could do unfold on its own... in my face.

       The edge of the wire subsequently pounded my open eyeball back into my skull.
I collapsed in pain as tears literally gushed out of my eye. I'm not talking drops; it was a consistent horrifying stream of water falling out of my head. I immediately went to the restroom to see what kind of shiner I'd soon be developing. Surprisingly, there were no visual signs of trauma. However, there were terrifying black squiggles dancing around my vision. Everywhere I looked, they followed; mocking me, taunting me.
Now here's the part only RIT students will understand:
After I was able to see a little more clearly (despite the black spots), I continued photographing in the studio for a good hour. Then I let logic hit me and called the doctor.

Anyway, one doctor led to another, and this happened:

I had only the one eye dilated so they could see what was going on inside. SUPER COOL.
What's not super cool is that they found retinal bleeding. But what is super cool is that it will heal in time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are you thinking...?