Thursday, October 4, 2012

People people people.

Here are some portraits I did for my Ad Photo class:

This was the most fun to shoot. Emma was a spectacular model! I'd never had much success with hair flips, but this is by far my favorite hair action photo I've done.


I am happy Brea agreed to model for me. She has absolutely stunning features that I wanted to capture with dramatic and contrasted light.



Eric was fun to work with. He was the only model I used props for (he designed and created those puzzles himself), so it was critical that everything looked perfect and was evenly lit and displayed. He was willing to do what it took to get the shot I had in mind, and for that I am greatly appreciative.


Kyle was also fun to photograph. I had only met him twice before with a general "hi/bye", so I made the leap to ask him to model for me. Establishing a cordial relationship and eventually trust with a stranger for a photo shoot is an awesome feeling.

I took a more basic approach for Nate's portrait. I focused on achieving flattering light as well as prominent catch lights (the eye sparkles) combined with a strong pose.


Thank you all! You're awesome and I hope to work with you again!

1 comment:

  1. I don't think there is anything you can not do. It intimidates me what you will do in 2 years... 5 years... #midas

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking...?