Wednesday, May 4, 2011

"Me time" in the studios.

      Since my mom passed, I learned to cope with a lot of my emotions through self-portraits. I feel so complete and so comfortable with my camera, and I like looking back on how I was feeling at certain times in my mourning. Today I was working on an assignment in the studios, and just as I was packing up, I decided to jump in front of the camera myself. I really like how I was able to edit this photo with my hand blurring away from me; it truly symbolizes what I was thinking when I posed for the photo. I honestly feel like I am stuck in one spot while another part of me just wants to float up up and away, far from here, far from reality, far from my thoughts and fears and anxieties. I'm hoping this feeling will pass with time, but God only knows. 
God only knows.

      Here's another photo I took after I had put back all of the fancy lights and equipment. My friend Caity (here's her amazing blog) gave me a beautiful flower, and being a few days old, it had started to wilt. I dropped it on the floor and forgot about it until I turned around and saw how breathtaking it appeared on the white floor, all alone amongst the bulky equipment. Here it is, in all its glory.

More impromptu self-portraits:


4 comments:

  1. Dear Krista,
    Why are you so beautiful?
    Love, <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anonymous,
    Why are you so sweet?
    Love,
    you already know who I am <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Krista,
    Because I'd brighten your day in any way possible, hun. Especially when you need it most of all :)
    Love,<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Anonymous,
    Thank you.
    Love,
    you already know who I am <3

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking...?