Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Knock on wood.

      My friend Caitlin and I were driving down my street in the middle of the woods. She commented on how paranoid she was about a deer jumping from the thicket and into the middle of the road.
      "No worries!" I assured her. "I have yet to hit any animals in my years of driving, knock on wood."
      I look around for something wooden to knock on, to no avail. I frantically search for a full twenty seconds until I pull up to my wooden mailbox post and rap it a few times. -Whew-
      I run inside my house for my Visa so we can head to the mall and scavenge for a good sale. Not five minutes later, we are back on the road, feeling the breeze in our hair, without a care in the world.
-Thud-
"Uh...uh oh."
OH, THE IRONY.
Rest in pieces, little chipmunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are you thinking...?