Saturday, April 9, 2011

Spring is here. Fo' real.

      I've come to realize during my time here at RIT that my photos look so much better (at least to me) when I am thrown into an environment, rather than when I have to create my own set. I had to fabricate some environmental portraits for an assignment, and I found it to be very frustrating and not entirely too much fun. However, later in the day, the RIT community began taking advantage of the gorgeous weather and emerged to play four-square, longboard, run around and just hang out. Music systems were brought outside, and fire throwing skills were displayed (until campus security showed up). I had my camera and a fancy lens I borrowed from the school. I melted into my surroundings, I laid on the ground, I climbed onto concrete walls and structures, I knelt in dirt, I ran around, and I got amazing results. After this experience, I had an epiphany: I am meant to be a photojournalist. I mean, I already knew that, but this absolutely confirmed it. I knew for years that I was meant to have a camera in my clutch, but now I know that I am meant to be submerged into the world and its antics, unaltered, completely random, and beautiful. Here are some of my favorite photos from this deciding moment in my life. I'll post the Facebook link below.




>> CHYEAHH <<

2 comments:

  1. I'm always impressed by the vividness of colors in your photos. Fantastic work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thank you so much! I'm sorry I didn't see your comment until now. I greatly appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking...?