Wednesday, April 27, 2011

"I don't see why everyone is so afraid of this" Part II.

      My friend Rob (seen in Bored with a camera) called me up the other day. He explained to me that he had seen my post "I don't see why everyone is so afraid of this" and told me about how he and half of the people from his dorm went outside in a rainstorm down in PA, and he thought of me. I was delighted. Little did I know, however, that I would have my own experience similar to his, only magnified by a MILLION.
      Rochester had yet another torrential downpour, and since it was so much warmer than the last time, I ended up frolicking in the buckets of rain pouring from the sky with half of my dorm building. I thought of Rob (I plan on calling him later today to tell him). When most of my friends decided to go back inside, I wanted to stay out and play some more. There was a hill next to the dorms which proved to be an amazing mud-style slip-n-slide. Eventually I and the group of strangers around me were covered head-to-toe in mud. When a public safety officer told us to cut it out, we simply migrated to another mud source: a knee-deep "puddle" next to the dining hall (I can't say I've ever been swimming in a mud puddle before this, and I will gladly do it again). After the puddle, we walked across campus to another rumored source under a bridge. We attracted a few spectators, but soon we realized that we preferred to slide down muddy hills. We went back to the slip-n-slide despite our warning and had an amazing time. After that, we decided it would be a fantastic idea to walk around campus asking people for "free hugs" since it made so much sense to spread the muddy love (and the shirt I wore that day said "FREE HUGS", how perfect!). Needless to say, people were rather apprehensive about a couple of muddy people racing to embrace them, but I did get about four willing and two unwilling participants.
     At the end of the day, we were absolutely coated in delicious dirt, sticks, grass, and who knows what else. We parted out ways at sunset to shower and continue our lives, now forever connected by a puddle.
I love college. I love life. I love mud.


1 comment:

  1. he he yeahh, be fun forever you, can never say you r a stick in the mud, no sir re bob, you are the queen of Mud!!!and Queen of Fun!!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking...?