Friday, April 22, 2011

Dirty & Clean.

      I had an assignment in my photo arts class to create two portraits: one "dirty" and one "clean". While a few of my classmates took it to a more sexual and moral level, I decided to keep my subject matter literal. It took me a lot of time and thinking to decide what I wanted to do to portray my models as "dirty" and "clean". While traipsing about the grocery store in my hometown, I decided that using food would make for interesting portraits. But what food to use...?
     Before I had decided on the props to use, I already had a friend volunteer to model. I used him for the "dirty" portrait. I was surprised that he was willing to model for me before he even knew what I was going to do to him... and that's probably a good thing.


Uhm. Yeah. I'd say this is pretty dirty.

   Well, I guess I'll just let the photos speak for themselves. I hope you like them as much as I do! I'm actually thinking about submitting my "clean" portrait into RIT's honors show. Let me know what you think.

Refreshing, right?!
 

4 comments:

  1. awsome,clean, not contaminated vs. dirty ,sticky,gooey, mess!!
    Yes, enter them why not!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I'm entering it, a big 13x19 print. :D Hopefully it looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enter the clean one for sure!! Looks great Kreesta! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahah thanks Keeeelly! I'm entering it today!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking...?