Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Accidents are the best.

      I think it's safe to say every photographer has taken a photo with a certain intention (or maybe no specific intention at all) and ended up with a photo that impressed them more than they expected. Well, this is one of those moments in my experience as a photo student. I was testing a portable strobe setup (see the second image) in my kitchen, using myself as the subject until I could use a model. I took dozens of photos of myself, just standing there, waiting for the 10-second self-timer to end. In this photo, I was initially looking into the camera lens, but at the millisecond the shutter opened, I shifted my gaze to look out the window to my right. The final image resulted with my eyes having an extremely glazed over appearance. My odd appearance is also complemented by the note I had written on the fridge earlier. Needless to say, I fell in love with this photo, and decided to share it with you. 
"Craziness has taken over the better portion of my nearly-liquified brain."
This is the setup I used... only in the living room instead of the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are you thinking...?