Thursday, June 2, 2011

Because they need us.

      This is the first post I'm publishing on my blog that isn't my own creation or doing. I came across this advertisement and went to the website, which prompted me to "take a pledge". I assumed that meant they wanted a monetary donation, but it turns out you can pledge to simply raise awareness of the issue and rally fellow big-hearted people to help support the cause. I decided it was worth a blog post. (I also added a "No kid hungry" frame to my Facebook profile picture.) People in less-than-ideal situations have always had a special place in my heart for many reasons. I extend a hand and a warm heart to those that I can, in hopes to improve their lives in small to substantial ways of which even I may not be aware. So I can only hope that my effort to bring awareness to the fact that there are 17 million hungry children in our country is not in vain.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What are you thinking...?