Sunday, July 15, 2012

Birdie Takes Flight.

       From March-November, my birdie (aka boyfriend, aka Kevin) is working for Intel Corporation in Folsom, California, a suburb of Sacramento. Needless to say, I miss him every day. Much to my delight, he recently flew me out to see him for a week. It was the absolute best week of my life. Lucky for you, I'm a dedicated photographer who can now take you on a virtual re-enactment. Here we go!

My plane landed at the San Francisco Airport, so we stayed there for a few days to see the sights. We managed to pose for adorable pictures whenever possible.

Instead of being normal tourists, we explored "uncharted territory" and separated ourselves from the crowd as often as possible. Note the peaceful absence of people and the graceful bird grazing the water.

One of my favorite parts of western America is the palm trees. Everywhere.

A bunch of tourists were taking pictures of this overlook, so I took a few steps back and captured the moment as it stood, photojournalism style.

Kevin made sure his artsy girlfriend experienced the MOMA (Museum of Modern Art). We found ourselves lost in a lot of the pieces. (Holy 3D-looking painting.)

Oh yeah, and Andy Warhol had some work up there.
(Holy crap.)

After the busy San Francisco scene grew tiring (and the hotel reservation expired), we hit the road and headed to Folsom. 


We drove a lot over the duration of the week, and every time we zoomed over the pavement, I was blown away by something new.

I'm sure you've heard happy cows come from California. This is true.

Did I mention we drove a lot?

One evening, we chased the westward sunset.

I'm glad we caught it.


After all the sun-chasing, we eventually needed to fill 'er up. Good thing we could watch the news while pumping gas, since it took a while.

While in Sacramento, we visited the Capitol building.

Complete with palm trees, flowers, and gorgeous dome.

Needless to say, the Capitol building is another tourist-flocking area. We hovered far away from them, as planned.

One of the things I looked forward to most was dining at the famous California-native burger joint, In-n-Out. My gosh, was it worth the 6-hour flight.
Oh yeah, Kevin. He was worth it too. (Thanks for buying me tons of food, babe!)

 Before we knew it, it was time for me to make the dreadful and lonely trip home to Scranton. I continue to miss Kevin every minute.

Dear Birdie,
Thank you for sharing your birdie-wings with me so I could experience this with you. I had the best time, and I can't wait to keep living my life with you in it. I love you. I can't wait to be in your arms again...
(in 127 days, 12 hours, 34 minutes, 26 seconds...)









2 comments:

  1. wow.
    I think you are moving past the pictures, into stories. I believe you have now expanded your potential into writing picture books also. Great story of your trip, I think you and Birdie are both very lucky to have found each other. I can not express how talented you are, and the more you believe that, the better you will get.

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking...?