Sunday, October 23, 2011

Herbz McGurbz.

      For a little less than a year now, I've been pondering adopting a bunny rabbit. I really needed something to snuggle and love and fill this void I have in my heart. I decided early on that I would name him Herbie. I'm not sure why that name struck me, but it did, and it turns out someone close to me also had a pet named Herbie when she was younger. Taking this as a sign, I kept turning over the idea in my head, thinking about whether I would have time to care for another life, and where I would even keep it, since I reside in a different place every year or so. Over the summer, some close family-friends offered me a free bunny cage--which happens to be the most expensive part of buying a bunny--another good sign. I graciously accepted it and brought it to college with me just in case. It's a good thing I did, because after months of deliberation, I went to the pet store yesterday and allowed my heart to be melted by this little fur-ball:


Say hello to little baby Herbie.
He says hi back.
He poops everywhere, but we're working on it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi little Herbster, You are much cutie than I imagined and much largerm more of you to cuddle with. Tell your mommy I hope she has more wonderful Herbie memories as I did when I was a younger girl,yeeaaahhh Huggies to you both!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking...?